- Classic Party Nachos with chili, cheese sauce and salsa pairs nicely with a tequila drink, like the Silver Linings Playbook.
- Since they both have Middle Eastern roots, the Smoky Smooth Hummus is a natural to pair with the Middle Eastern-inspired Argo.
- Endive with Honey Goat Cheese and Pecans is a classy appetizer to pair with the Amour Champagne cocktail.
- Roasted Chickpeas are a simple crunchy snack that goes nicely with the Zero Dark Thirty shot.
- Serve Crispy Kale Chips with the Life of Pi. Pretend they're from the "living island" visited in the film.
- Jean Valjean may have once stole a loaf of bread, but as a successful businessmen he could certainly have served these Crostini with Smoked Blue Cheese, Caramelized Onion and Rosemary alongside the Les Misérables martini.
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders may be named for a northern town, but they get their kick from Louisiana hot sauce, which makes them a good fit for the similarly north-south themed Lincoln cocktail.
- Corny Corn Bread spread with pepper jelly would be a perfect accompaniment to the similarly fiery Southern-inspired Django Unchained cocktail.
- Corn Cookies would be perfect alongside the similarly corn-themed Beasts of the Southern Wild dessert cocktail.
Friday, February 22, 2013
Oscar Party Nibbles with Cocktail Pairings
cocktails, but I'd like to also suggest some appetizers for Sunday night. Here are some suggestions for what might pair well with each drink: