I also write occasionally about other media, including a weekly feature, The Feed, on interesting food stories from news and other food sites.
If you make any of my recipes, please share with me how it went. I really appreciate getting feedback from readers. You can also drop me a line or follow me through any of the social media outlets linked to on the right.
I was born and raised in Portland, Oregon and moved to the Washington, D.C. area in the late '90s. I live in Upper Northwest Washington with my husband, who, besides being generally wonderful, is my principal taster and proofreader.
Mentions and Honors
- America's Test Kitchen: Twitter Fan Photos of the Week: Savoring Summer Edition, August 27, 2012 (Creamy Andalusian Gazpacho)
- Bad Sentences, Weekly B.S. Report, October 17, 2016 (D.C.'s Michelin-Starred Restaurants: Local Perspectives)
- TheBesty.com: Best Burger in Washington D.C at Silo on Cook In Dine Out Blog, TheBesty.com (Restaurant: Lunch at Silo, Washington, D.C.)
- Better Homes and Gardens: Totally Tricked Out Tacos, June 1, 2016 (Ramen Noodle Pork Tacos)
- Bon Appétit: You Cooked Our Spaghetti with Parsley Pesto, June 21, 2013 (Parsley Pesto Spaghetti)
- Cafe Meeting Place: Guest Speaker: On Sale Now! Apple Baking Advice, December 10, 2014 (Baked Apples with Fennel and Onion)
- Cool Mom Picks: 12 easy Oscars party ideas to make watching the awards even more fun, February 26, 2016 (2016 Oscar Cocktails)
- Dallas Sun-Times: 7 Best Barbecue Spots in Dallas, November 7, 2014 (Restaurant: Lockhart Smokehouse, Plano, Texas)
- Different Drummer: Birdman: Birdman's Broadway Cocktail Recipe, February 2015 (Oscar Cocktails: Birdman)
- Eater DC: Week in Reviews, July 3, 2013 (Jaleo Review)
- Eater DC: Week in Reviews, January 2, 2015 (Best of 2014: Restaurants)
- Eater DC: Week in Reviews, January 7, 2016 (Convivial Review)
- Eater DC: Week in Reviews, March 10, 2016 (Restaurant Nora Review)
- Eater DC: Week in Reviews, March 24, 2016 (The Dabney Review)
- Eater DC: Week in Reviews, April 7, 2016 (Espita Mezcaleria Review)
- Eater DC: Week in Reviews: June 2, 2016 (Shouk Review)
- Eater DC: Week in Reviews: July 14, 2016 (Family Meal)
- Edible Arts: Amuse Bouche, July 5, 2013 (Homemade Flour Tortillas)
- Food Hacks Daily: You Should Be Using Bitters in More Than Just Cocktails, October 20, 2016 (Angostura Bitters Chicken Salad)
- Food Please: 8 Outrageous Things You Can Make Into A Taco Shell, June 14, 2016 (Ramen Noodle Pork Tacos)
- Foodista: Food Blog of the Day, December 26, 2013
- Frontage's Inspired Living: An Affair to Remember: Host an Amazing Oscar Party, February 18, 2015 (Oscar Cocktails: American Sniper)
- My Poor Liver Podcast: Episode 10, September 4, 2014 (Cocktail: Last Word)
- My Poor Liver Podcast: Episode 13, September 25, 2014 (Oscar Cocktails: Les Miserables)
- NBC Los Angeles: Get Your Oscar-Flavored Cocktails, February 19, 2013 (Oscar Cocktails 2013)
- New York Times: What We're Reading, November 21, 2012 (Apple Pie with Vodka Crust)
- New York Times: What We're Reading, May 13, 2013 (Celery and Peanut Salad)
- NoMad: The NoMad Hotel and Restaurant Getting Lots of Love, January 3, 2013 (The NoMad Review)
- Refinery29: Oscars-Themed Food & Drink We Can't Quite Believe, February 28, 2014 included two of my Oscar cocktails: Gravity and The Wolf of Wall Street.
- Washington Post: Top Tomato 2014 recipe contest finalist, Tipsy Gazpacho Cocktail, August 20, 2014.
- Whiskey Tango Globetrot: Warm cocktail recipes for winter, March 6, 2015 (Smoky Tea Toddy)