Friday, October 9, 2015
8-2-Eat is my food-focused list series. A perfect Friday distraction. This week: 8 fantastic sandwiches.
1. Classic Tuna Salad. I love a good tuna sandwich, but unfortunately too many tuna salad sandwiches fall flat. My recipe calls for adding a bit of sweet tartness with sweet pickles, a bit of bite with scallions and horseradish and a bit of crunch with celery.
2. Cuban Sandwich. A Cuban sandwich is a simple affair of ham, cheese and pickles, elevated here with homemade sour pickles.
3. Ultimate Club Sandwich (pictured above). The classic club sandwich reaches "ultimate" status here with oven-dried tomatoes, smoky chipotle mayo and avocado.
4. Grilled Cheese. A true classic among grilled sandwiches, a grilled cheese sandwich offers a lot of flexibility in terms of bread and cheese combinations. This is my favorite.
5. Apple, Arugula and Cheddar. A simple sandwich combination that's vegetarian and perfect for this time of year.
6. Winter Chicken Salad. Classic chicken salad gets a smoky winter twist.
7. Buffalo Chicken Sliders. The spicy flavors of Buffalo chicken wings, but in a sandwich. Perfect for parties.
8. Greek Burgers. The American standard goes Greek.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment